After School Activities
Context and Rationale
Due to the significant increase in demand for places, our Parent Forums in the autumn term focused on what is most important about our after (and before) school activities. In summary, parents and carers who attended the forums:
- Felt that the current provision of after (and before) school activities is good and widely valued for their variety
- Noted that, due to increased demand, some children were unable to sign up for clubs they wanted to attend
- Agreed that, whilst the Schoolgateway app had previously assisted the signing up process, it could no longer provide the flexibility required with the increased demand
- Decided that returning to a paper registration process would better meet the needs of children and parents; pulling names out of a hat for oversubscribed activities and creating a waiting/priority list for the next term, possibly limiting the number of activities any one child can attend
- Decided to encourage parents (one their own or together) and other providers to increase the number of activities, shadowing an activity leader to gain experience if helpful; any child of a parent running an activity would automatically be offered a free place
- Suggested activities such as foreign languages, cooking, computing and board games (please email Grant Cook in the office to explore further).
Summer Term Activities
Here is our extensive list of activities for the summer term:
Ben Roberts wrote to all parents to explain how we are aiming to further increase pupil involvement through a fairer process with greater transparency following parent forums and other feedback.
Here are some photos of some of our after school activities: