Our leavers’ jumpers have arrived! Year 6 organised an amazing fundraising cake sale last term which helped reduce the overall cost of the jumpers. Also, a special thank you must go to the PTA for their generous donation towards the jumpers.
School councillors have persuaded staff that Year 6s can wear their leavers’ tops to school instead of school sweatshirts (jumpers) until the end of term because:
– they have worked hard to fundraise for them, including making cakes and holding a community cake stall
– they want members of the PTA (who also donated towards the tops) to see how grateful they are
– the tops are about Heathbrook and they only have a few weeks left before they leave
– by wearing them, they can share their fond memories of being at Heathbrook together
– it will show everyone how proud they are of their school and even promote the school on their way to and from school.
Councillors decided that hoods needed to be kept down inside school out of respect to others.