Reading, spelling, and grammar support.
- The International Children’s Digital Library has free digital books to read by age, by interest, by language, etc. Click here.
- World Book Day has a brilliant ‘stay at home’ book ideas hub. Lots of free, fun activities and resources for sharing stories, reading stories, writing, drawing, streaming audiobooks, and watching author masterclasses. Click here.
- BBC Bitesize KS2 Literacy and Language hub. Free animations and quizzes to support KS2 grammar and spelling. Click here.
- CLPE’s Poetryline has an amazing library of performances by award-winning children’s poets. Browse, choose, and share your favourite. Click here.
- Puffin Books has a spring activity pack where you can learn to write like a Victorian, design your own book covers, and do wordsearch puzzles. Click here.
Amazon Audible is now free for children. No login required. Click here.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sMht3YEV-MfN_blt_N7jQp6RvgiqLgS2/view?usp=sharing – KS2 Easter English Reading Booklet
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hZfeEo-nV7mUBEFxDcjPSCw8U9s6gqsL/view?usp=sharing – KS2 Easter SPAG Booklet
https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html – a brilliant resource with short videos, teaching ideas and literacy activities (students really enjoy this!)
https://www.twinkl.co.uk/search?term=school+closure – free resource packs with a variety of learning topics
Whether you want to play, practice, or listen.
- Miss Bale has put together lots of ways to get musical at home. She has included a login to Soundtrap, practice tips and songwriting ideas. Click here.
Not all learning needs a classroom! Year 6 students could also…
- Keep a journal
- Watch a film or read a book and write a review
- Design a poster of your choice
- Write a procedural text and bake bread, cookies, anything you like
- Write a song or poem
- Practice your Spanish online with Linguascope or Duolingo is a great app
- Design something of your choice such as an earthquake proof building, a rollercoaster or theme park (there are lots of ideas on Twinkl for this)
- Design a suit to protect people against Coronavirus. Write about and describe its features
- Create a comic strip from a chapter of the book you are reading
- Build your own PE course and teach to someone, for example, 5 pushups, 10 star jumps, high knees for 30 seconds (be creative!)
- Keep fit and practice your dance moves with Just Dance on Youtube or create your own
- Learn to sew
- Learn how to cook a meal for your family
- Learn how to do the laundry
- Plan a holiday and make a budget